Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, October 7, 2011

Kate's Baptism...and our current battle.

On September 25, Kate was baptized at St. Joseph's, the same church where Brett and I were married back on that sweet May day in 2009! It's the church we've been attending since moving to Stuart, and the pastor who married us has watched my belly grow when we'd see him on Sundays. Although he didn't actually do the baptism, he finally got to meet our Kate that day!
 As if this day wasn't special enough, Kate wore the dress that I was christened in 27 years ago and that my mom wore at her baptism as an infant!

Kate took a quick cat nap during the preceding mass, and then was a PERFECT angel during the baptism service! We were worried that she would just scream the whole time (because she's pretty good at doing that), but she proved us all wrong!

L to R: Kacey (godmother), Brett, me with Kate, and Scotty (godfather)
 Our special altar with our baby doll
 My beautiful girl. Not only did Kate not cry the whole time, she smiled so much afterwards!!

 My family

 Brett's family
More of Brett's family :)
It was a wonderful day! Afterwards, we had a yummy Italian feast back at our house while Kate slept for about 3.5 hours straight! Kate is so blessed with such wonderful family.


Now on to our current battle... the bottle
At about 3.5 weeks, we introduced a bottle with my milk and Kate took it like a champ. My mom or Brett would give her one every now and then, and she did just fine. 
Then....
something changed about 2 weeks ago. She absolutely is REFUSING the bottle. Like screaming, crying, arching, gagging...you'd think we were trying to feed her something gross. It's still my breastmilk, it's the same Tommee Tippee bottles, but now that I'm going back to work in about 3 weeks and we really need her to take a bottle, SHE WON'T. 
She is the strongest-willed baby in the world. I've never seen anything like it. 
We've tried everything we can think of.... with me nowhere around, different people, different positions, different places, walking inside, walking and dancing and singing outside, in the bouncer, in the bathtub (yes, we tried. No, it didn't work...), in the morning, daytime, nighttime, middle of the night. Yesterday, she went more than 5 hours without eating (she usually only makes it 3) and she STILL wouldn't take the bottle. You name it, we've probably tried it. PLEASE leave a comment if you have any ideas or suggestions! We are desperate :) 
Here's a picture of today's battle: Kate vs. the bottle 
with my mom and dad. 
Kate won.

No comments:

Post a Comment