Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, October 24, 2011

3 months

Big post!

My sweet, sweet babydoll ... you turned 3 months old yesterday!


 I so enjoy my days with you, and although I'm sad to go back to work soon, I know you'll be in great hands with NannyKat. She and PopPop come to visit you every day, so they've learned your quirks and the little things that keep you happy!

You're getting so strong, and love to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse!


You will never know how much joy you've brought into all of our lives - many times, I get butterflies and teary eyes just holding you, and you and Daddy light up when you see each other. You are my favorite thing in the world!


It's amazing how much has changed since that perfect day you were born. You are still exclusively breastfed. You definitely prefer to nurse, but you have finally started taking a bottle (sometimes) from someone other than me, and I'm so thankful. I was worried about going back to work with you refusing the bottle - you are so strong willed! Also, you take Zantac and now Prevacid too for your acid reflux (and you're so good at taking your meds). Without them, your sleep is so disrupted, and you would scream when you'd burp, spit up, or even lie down flat. We are so glad to see you more comfortable.


Because of that reflux, you sleep best on an incline. You've been sleeping in the swing or this little Fisher Price yellow rocker inclined bed, but now you're getting too long! Your legs get scrunched at the bottom, so you slept in your crib for the first time 2 nights ago. We wrap you up in the velcro swaddler every night. I've tried to put you to sleep without it, and we were up all night. For now, you'll still be swaddled :) You were sleeping about 6 hours straight at night, but for the past week, you have been waking up 4-5 times. Last night you almost made it 6 hours...I hope it continues!


Your smile is beautiful! You smile most of the time that someone is smiling in your face and talking sweet to you, especially in the mornings on your changing table (my favorite part of the day)! And...you LAUGHED! Last weekend, Daddy was bouncing you and you cracked up with the sweetest giggle! I may have teared up a little ;)

In your precious outfit that Nanny made for you!

Your favorite thing in the world is bathtime! No matter what mood you're in, as soon as we put you in that warm tub, you smile so big. It's the only thing that worked every single time you had a colic episode. Speaking of those, we think your colic is getting better. We're learning what works for you, and you're liking the world a bit more :) You never cry getting out of the bath anymore. We wrap you up in your animal blankets and blow dry you and your hair, which you LOVE. More sweet faces during this time!



I know I said your favorite thing is bathtime, but it's a close tie with BEING OUTSIDE! It also calms down your fussing, and you could spend all day out there if we let you. You enjoy our walks, and you love looking at the trees, leaves, and brick patio. Sometimes when you're mad, I strap you in the Bjorn and just walk laps. It works!

We went on a Breast Cancer fundraiser walk with Daddy and his friends from work. 5 days later, that baby bump was born! Welcome Landon :)


You love the hot tub! We put you in here because you were having an "episode," so I wasn't going to attempt to stuff a screaming baby into a little bathing suit...just clothes off and in you went!

About 2 weeks ago, you weighed 13 lbs, 10 ounces. My growing girl! You have the chubbiest cheeks, perfect for kissing. You still have lots of dark hair, although some has fallen out. Your eyes are getting a tiny bit lighter too. You have mommy's dimple and puffy eyes, and the most perfect lips!


You aren't a huge fan of tummy time, but we do it and you are getting so strong. You always hold your head up and look around at what's going on. You sit in the bumbo seat and your bouncer seat sometimes, and you really like watching anything with lots of colors, sound, and movement. You took the pacifier for about a week but no longer. You're doing lots of drooling and chewing on your fists these days. You've started paying attention to Maggie and Gus too! Those doggies love you, and they can't wait until you can chase them around ;)




You LOVED smiling at Tanya!

Happy Birthday Mimi!

When all else fails, the sound of the waves from the dock will put you to sleep!
This is how we have to hold you and bounce to put you to sleep, although the past few nights, you've fallen asleep on your own in the crib!

You are such a blessing in our lives! I can't wait to watch you grow and learn everyday. I can't say these past 3 months have flown by - there were certainly times I wanted to fast forward to 3 months because everyone told me that's when your colic would go away, but now I'd like time to stop :) I treasure every single second with you, I can't get enough!
I love you so much babydoll!




No comments:

Post a Comment