Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, July 10, 2011

This weekend

This picture was from a few days ago...I was feeling very large pregnant after dinner, so I did this "self-portrait" to send to my friends and brothers. This was almost 38 weeks...
This weekend was productive and relaxing all at the same time, and we are READY to meet our baby girl :) On Saturday morning, I went to run a few errands and then treated myself to a pedicure... bright pink, of course! By lunchtime, I was pretty exhausted and having several contractions, so I took a nap and woke up feeling much better. Saturday afternoon, Brett and I headed to the Gardens with Courtney and Austin to exchange/buy a few things, then had dinner at the Yard House and dessert at Cheesecake Factory - YUM! It was my day for guilty pleasures ;)

Tired after some shopping

Yesterday was the relaxing part of the weekend, today was the productive part! Courtney was still here and was a great help and good company. I did 4 loads of laundry, vacuumed the house, dusted and windexed everything, scrubbed toilets, went to Publix, and finished up the nursery (with Brett's help hanging some things). I don't know if this is really me "nesting" or if I just realized that today may be my last full day at home to get things done :) 
 Today, Brett put the car seat in my car and brought the cradle into our bedroom. We are all set :)
 After all of my housework and Brett doing our yardwork and mowing my parents' yard (they're out of town), we all took a break to sun and swim! I'm lounging, Courtney's in the pool with Gus....


At my appointment last week, Dr. Pare said the baby had dropped a little lower, and he commented that he didn't think I'd go past my due date. I now know 2 girls due on or after my due date that had their babies over a week ago, so our anxious waiting continues! I definitely feel "different" at times, but she'll come when she's ready. Pawpaw gets here Tuesday for a visit, so I really hope that his FIRST great granddaughter is born in the next couple of weeks while he is here! Also, Dr. Chiong is back in town, so we're back to full provider load at work until I go into labor, which means there is no longer stress of potentially having to close an office while he was on vacation. 
We are READY!

No comments:

Post a Comment