Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The BEST day of my life


Kate Elizabeth arrived July 22 at 8:19 a.m. and it was, by far, without a doubt, the best day of my entire life! She was 7 pounds, 20 inches and the most beautiful, perfect baby.

Words can't even begin to describe our happiness and LOVE for our sweet angel. We have hundreds and hundreds of pictures, so here are a few (OK, a lot, I just love them all!) from her birth day. I'll try my hardest to keep adding more from the past few days, but any free time I have is spent snuggling with my precious Kate, so hang in there :)
 This was the night before baby! (7/21) Lots and lots of walking on Mom and Dad's dock, contractions became more painful and regular. 
My birth story in a nutshell: went to the hospital about 12:30 am July 22, in early labor but still 3 cm and no beds available at that time. They sent me home to labor a little more because of the bed shortage at about 2:30. Went back at about 4:45 am (7/22) in PAIN and vomiting, sat in a wheelchair in the hallway for about 30 minutes while they ran around crazy moving patients to get me a room. Got my IV in the hallway, then they checked me once I got a room, was 8 cm so no epidural! About 15 minutes later I was 10 cm, and started pushing at about 7 am. It was the most exhilarating, painful and rewarding morning with the most wonderful end result, my screaming baby girl!
 Brett was AMAZING. I couldn't have done it au natural without him. He was so excited, proud and the  best husband in the world!

My mom was in the room with us taking these awesome pictures 
I've waited my entire life for her, and this love is like nothing I've ever felt before. 
 My healthy baby girl! My mom said I just kept saying "This is my baby, I love you, I love you, this is my baby girl"
  After her first bath, right in my room...she never had to leave us  
With my Dad soon after delivery
 The day Pawpaw became a great grandfather :)
 Mom with baby Kate
 Brett's mom meeting her granddaughter
 Our perfect family of THREE :) We have a daughter!

 I love her SO, so much
 Meeting Aunt Kacey

 Later that morning, we moved up to the postpartum floor with a fresh room and river view :)
 With the best Mom and best baby in the world
 Loving on their sweet granddaugther
 Meeting Uncle Jeremy, who was so in awe!


Uncle Scotty is completely in love too!

 Dr. Pare was SO wonderful and came back by that afternoon to check on us :)
 Alert and wide-eyed at just a few hours old

See, I told you this was a long post! I'd love to put them all, but I realize that may be a bit much ;) Thank you for all of your sweet thoughts and calls/texts/messages. I can't wait for her to meet our friends and family!
Kate Elizabeth has been the most beautiful blessing for me and Brett and we are soaking up every second with her. Good thing you can't spoil a newborn! 





No comments:

Post a Comment