Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Celebrate

This past weekend, we were very busy and had lots to celebrate. We went to the farm Friday night after work, and the next few days follow :)
 Hunter and her mom and dad were also at the farm Friday night, so we got to spend Saturday morning with her. She loved playing with the dogs, chasing butterflies, dressing up in Courtney's accessories, and Brett ;) She's so fun - at one point, she came to swing with me on the wooden swing under the huge pecan trees, and she said (with her hand on my belly) "So, what's the baby doing? When will I know her?" We hadn't talked to her about me having a baby since I saw her a few months back (remember that previous post?) At just 2 1/2, it's amazing that she remembers and understands this pregnancy... I just love her!
She walked in those heels like a pro!
This is her giving Brett her "sweet eyes." She just walked up to him and gave him the funniest, flirtiest look...we took several pictures, were pointing and laughing, Brett was cracking up, and she never broke her little flirt session. So funny!
LeeAnn & Cheney
Saturday night we went to the beautiful Honey Lake Plantation for LeeAnn Adams' and Cheney Simmons' wedding. It was so much fun; we had a DELICIOUS southern dinner and got to visit with great people!
 My family outside the church before the reception
L to R: Scotty, Jeremy, Mom, Dad, me (28 weeks along), & Brett
Scotty and Jeremy hadn't seen me in several weeks, and when they did, they just cracked up! They call me "fatty" and think my belly is hilarious - they were shocked at how much I've grown. They don't really like to feel my belly or the baby kicking, but we convinced them to just for this picture :) They are so excited to know the baby, but think this whole pregnancy thing is a little weird... typical little brothers.
 Me and Courtney after the wedding
 Sunday, we went to Gainesville for Kacey's (Brett's sister) graduation. She graduated from UF with a degree in civil engineering and it was also her birthday, so again, we had lots to celebrate!
A few alumni back "home" in the Swamp :)

We headed home on Monday, and then I had my 28 week checkup at the OB. This was a big visit for me because now I'm in my THIRD TRIMESTER!! I can't believe it :) The appointment went really well - the midwife could feel that the baby is head down so I'm hoping she stays that way. Also, she told me it's time to register at the hospital and sign up for our tour and birthing classes...it's getting real! My labs were perfect: no anemia, good blood pressure, and I passed my glucose tolerance test (rules out gestational diabetes)!! This is such a relief because I had to drink some REALLY sweet dextrose solution, then wait an hour to have my blood drawn. It didn't taste as bad as I expected, but made me pretty nauseous. When I left, I had to get some dairy queen to coat my stomach :)

Just for fun...the dogs love the farm too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment