Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Swim lessons


This morning Kate started "swimming" lessons.  For those of you out of the baby world, this means she'll learn to flip to her back, get to the side of the pool, and hold on. She isn't learning the butterfly or breaststroke...yet ;) Pretty important for a baby who has a pool just steps out of our back door and my parents' too, where she spends lots of time. 


She absolutely loves the water and has no fear, but as you can see in the video, she'll have to work on holding her breath before going under :( Her little boyfriend Mason did great with no swallowing/coughing, so maybe that's why she went to cry to him at the end! Ha!


I know this one's a little blurry, but you can see Kate smiling so big at Ms. Fran

This is the closest one I have to everyone looking :) 

She's great at floating!

Mason's a champ holding the side! Kate's learning. 

"Daddy, can you get me out of this pool where they make me go under?!"

So then at home, Kate took a nap and had lunch, and then a little part of me was afraid that she would now be afraid of the water. So I brought her in the pool with me and.... just as happy as always :)

Ms. Fran said babies who swallow lots of water shouldn't go under more than 3 times/day, so don't you worry, I didn't force her under in our pool. I'm just following the rules :)


Now before you all think I'm a big wimp, I know that she'll have to keep learning but today was just the first day. Look at that sweet face! It's hard on this mama's heart to see her scared face so she deserved a just for fun swim.


No comments:

Post a Comment