Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, January 8, 2011

We're Having a Baby!

I had been feeling a little under the weather with a cold and lots of nausea, and though I was hopeful that my nausea was more than just a virus, I didn't want to get my hopes up too much :) The UF/ South Carolina football game was the next weekend, and Brett and I had decided it would be better to go up early on Saturday morning so that I could get a good night's sleep on Friday. That Friday at work, I was queasy all day and even got sick after seeing patients who...didn't smell like roses. When I got home from work, I took a pregnancy test and was so so happy when it was POSITIVE! I was absolutely ecstatic, ran to the store to buy another pack just to be sure (all three held good news!), and couldn't wait for Brett to get home from work. He was just as excited as I was, and we immediately went out shopping to find something to let our families know the great news (my parents were already at the farm near Gainesville, otherwise I may not have been able to help but run across the street to tell them)! I ended up making little onesies that I decorated with a green gator (for gameday of course) and wrote "I Love my Grandma/Granddad." After a restless night from excitement, we headed out early for Gainesville and showed up to the farm with "gameday treats" for my mom and dad in gift bags. I will never, ever forget my mom's face and pure happiness as she opened her bag and realized what the gift meant...

Dad hadn't opened his as quickly, and so at first was confused as to why Mom and I were crying, laughing, and hugging. Once he realized he was going to be a Granddad, he was just as happy! He even got a little choked up, then had a quick heart to heart with Brett about being a dad :)
We went in to Gainesville for the game, and mom showed Scotty and Jeremy (the uncles to be) and then we showed Kacey (the aunt to be) the onesies and all three of them were so happy for us :) The outcome of the Gator game wasn't so great, but with our exciting morning, it made the loss a little less painful! On our way home on Sunday, we stopped by my inlaws' to give them their "gifts," and the excitement started all over again :)

1 comment:

  1. Kacy, this is really adorable! I tried to figure out how to be a "follower" but couldn't. Guess I can just check it out every day or so. I love being able to "be a part" of this very, very special time in your life by reading what transpires for you, Brett and Baby Bladergroen. The pictures are wonderful, especially those of your Mom and Dad when you told them. The gift bags were a neat idea. We love you guys. Nana

    ReplyDelete