Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, February 27, 2012

Kate & Ella



This weekend was wonderful! One of my good friends, Jess, and her baby Ella (and dog!) came to visit. Ella is just about 3 weeks younger than Kate, and although they met once when they were brand new, this weekend was the first time they got to "hang out." It was a super fun full house!


They noticed each other, grabbed for each other's arms, legs, clothes and bows and Kate stole any toy Ella tried to play with. Sorry Ella :( Kate will work on her sharing!


We played outside where they practiced rolling and scooting

Then we headed to the art festival downtown. Kate rode on my lap because we didn't feel like adding a carseat (just kidding.)

All ready to go in their (unplanned) matching carseats. They are two peas in a pod!

Took a break at the festival where I fed Kate some pears (she ate the whole container! this is a big deal around these parts) and Ella enjoyed orange slices!


Then to my parents' for dinner, where we passed babies around like hot potatoes. At some point, everyone got to eat :) 

They were so sleepy and ready for their baths so....

 ... a bath was shared! No time to do one at a time with fussy butts, and other than Kate hogging the toys, they had a blast :)

If you told me 7 years ago that Jess and I would have baby girls at pretty much the same time, I wouldn't have believed you. Of course we always talked about raising babies together, but living states away and not having a "let's be pregnant at the same time" talk makes all of this even more exciting and perfect! I love Jess and Ella with all my heart, and I can't wait to watch our girls grow and play together!

Our sweet girls (who did NOT sleep well) looking happy as can be the last morning!

We really enjoyed our weekend together! It was great to catch up, share baby stories, trade tips and snuggle on these baby dolls. There was even an hour where both girls were napping at the same time and we sipped coffee on the couch and I had a little tiny flashback to our Gator nation days where Jess and I could just talk for hours. 



No comments:

Post a Comment