Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

7 months





Dear Kate,
   Today, you are 7 months old! Of course I know time is flying, but it hit me today at work when some of my patients asked "Didn't you just have a baby? How is she?" When I answered, "Great! She's 7 months today..." they all had these holy-moly-already? looks on their faces. You are growing and changing everyday, and I knew it would happen, but I am so incredibly happy because each month is better than the last! In seeing babies at work, I've always loved the 6-8 month age, and this has definitely been such a fun month with you! You interact so much, and your little personality is shining. I feel like you're my little companion now, and it's obvious you love us all so much. You are the light of our lives and you make everything wonderful!


So now you can sit by yourself and I feel like this has brought you to a whole new stage! You can play with your toys a little better and hold your own to the dogs trying to kiss you ;)

I still haven't been able to get a picture of your tooth, but you have 1 on the bottom, and the top one just above it is cutting now! You chew on whatever you can, but our fingers, your toes and Sophie are your current favorites!

You still love to be outside and the dogs provide you with constant entertainment. You laugh harder at them than anything else, especially when they're jumping around waiting to be fed and when Daddy plays catch with them. Your laugh melts my heart...there is absolutely no better sound in the world. I have a little video of it on my phone and I listen to it all the time. It's amazing.

I know you're blurry in this picture, but it shows your attitude! I call you feisty and you are so strong willed. You know what you want and how you want it, and you have no problem screaming at us when it isn't your way ;) Toy isn't how you want it? You squeeze your fists and scream. Finished eating baby food? You purse your little lips so tight and turn your head and growl. Tired of your exersaucer? You give us a pitiful cry and then your temper scream. Tired of the stroller? You guessed it - scream really loud and arch your back.You also don't really see the reason why you need to be diapered and dressed after your bath before bed which makes these tasks SUPER fun! Ha! It is usually a 2 person job - it isn't easy dressing a twisting, screaming, flailing alligator! I love your passion - you are going to change the world!


You still LOVE swinging outside.

We've had a couple of "cold" days - don't worry, we keep you warm :)


You are already showing the first signs of learning to crawl! Not completely in this pic, but you get up on all fours and even scoot. You'll pull one leg forward, then usually fall forward. You're getting there! You also LOVE standing...that's pretty much all you want to do when on our laps. I think you may walk early!

Hot tub with Pop Pop. You are completely obsessed with water. You LOVE to be in it (no matter the temp), hear it run (sink and washer), watch us water plants with it, and practice drinking it out of your sippy cup.


As far as sleep, I feel like I should write something so months from now when I think I'm tired, I can read back and laugh! On your best nights, your longest stretch is 6 hours. That happens maybe 2-3 nights a week. Otherwise, you wake about every 3-4 hours and teething has definitely given us more nighttime cuddle time.


 You are still breastfed and you also have some baby food 2-3 times a day. You like the rice cereal and will only eat fruits if they're mixed with cereal. Veggies are hit or miss, and although peas used to be your favorite, now they make you gag. You hate carrots and love the pears I make. Feeding you can be so fun (and challenging)!

This month you also said "see you later" to Courtney! She'll have fun in VA but we'll miss her around here!

You celebrated your first Valentine's Day! Mommy got roses from Daddy and PopPop, and you got your first flowers. PopPop sent flowers to Little Miss Magic II (you) and Nannie got you some love books!

I LOVE this picture of you! Such a babydoll in your fancy bathing suit, so happy standing up!


Another month has passed and you just make us so happy! You have the most precious smile, your mama's morning puffy eyes, and the sweetest voice when you babble. Lord help me when you say "Mama" for the first time... Thank you for being the best thing in the whole world! I love you to the moon and back and more than all the stars in the sky (and I swear you really listen when I tell you that).







No comments:

Post a Comment